I've noticed that some institutions add a slideshow to their webpages- often a series of happy smiling faces of their staff, all eager to help you. One (sophisticated!) example of a slideshow is this webpage from Tufts University in Boston's Medical School
Since this seems an admirable concept I thought I would investigate how to add it to one of the sites I administer. If you look at the source of a web page you may see that this effect has been created using javascript. This is less invasive than Java or other languages, and some knowledge of javascript is quite useful these days.
After investigation I discovered the site Javascriptkit.com which shows you how to do it.
http://www.javascriptkit.com/howto/show2.shtml
Since this seems an admirable concept I thought I would investigate how to add it to one of the sites I administer. If you look at the source of a web page you may see that this effect has been created using javascript. This is less invasive than Java or other languages, and some knowledge of javascript is quite useful these days.
After investigation I discovered the site Javascriptkit.com which shows you how to do it.
http://www.javascriptkit.com/howto/show2.shtml
Comments