
I have recently become the secretary of our local District Church Council, a rather terrifying prospect, and I decided it would be an appropriate chance to try out lots of the time management and project management training that I was given on a recent management training course.
I am investigating the free software download GanttProject, which is supposed to have many similarities with Microsoft Project. You can download it here. There is a video tutorial about it here
There is a very short Wikipedia article about it and you can download it from Sourceforge, which is usually a good test that something is fairly reliable.
My cunning plan is to post all the DCC tasks over a couple of years onto a chart so I can see how much time before each recurring task/date I need to contact people and send out agendas, election notices etc. At least doing it this way should make it more fun and interesting!
Comments