Articulate software used in law librarian tutorial


I see Emily Allbon's Lawbore website has been making the news again. I remember when I worked at City University the City Law Library site was only a year or so old and was an amazing gateway for City Law students to access the many formats of legal resources that the University had selected. It was the first website on which I ever saw a video, I remember, and I listened amazed to hear as Emily progressed. Since then Emily has managed to get a law degree and be named Best Legal Information Professional in an Academic Environment at the 2005 BIALL / Lexis Nexis Awards for Excellence.
I was interested to see what software had been used to design the site: it claims that "Lawbore makes use of the following superb open-source software to work its magic: Smarty for templating, NiftyCube for the nice rounded boxes, Calendar Class for the calendars ,Sphider for the searching and JQuery and Coda-Slider for the cool visual effects." Lots of internet goodies for me to investigate there then: I often hanker after nice rounded boxes for instance.
Emily, Law Librarian and Head of Information Literacy at City, and James Mullan, Information Officer at CMS Cameran McKenna, have now added a talking slideshow to the site entitled "Thinking of a future in legal librarianship?" using the software Articulate.

Comments