I learned the term "disruptive technology" today and heard about the book "The innovators dilemma" by Clayton M. Christensen [Isn't he an actor in Star Wars? Oh no, that's Hayden Christensen.] Clayton Christensen has come up with the radical concept that some new things succeed some old things apparently. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disruptive_technology
It is thought that Libraries are just the sort of old things that might get superceded by a new thing like the Internet. There is a talk on the subject but I cannot attend so I shall just have to read his slides after the speaker departs if I want to learn how to change the world in three easy steps.
It is thought that Libraries are just the sort of old things that might get superceded by a new thing like the Internet. There is a talk on the subject but I cannot attend so I shall just have to read his slides after the speaker departs if I want to learn how to change the world in three easy steps.
Comments