Even if you can't go to all the conferences you'd like to, it is often good to be able to view presentations on conference websites. A friend of mine went to the Oxford University Administration Services Conference the other day and attended this interesting talk on working with the media, amongst other material available on the breakout sessions page.
It is interesting to compare what Oxford gets up to with what goes on at my workplace in Cambridge University. The OAS conference is for all the University administrators. In Cambridge we have an annual Libraries@Cambridge day conference for librarians, and sometimes a Libraries Training day. My friend is not a librarian so I don't know if they have conferences for all of Oxford's Librarians but I'm fairly sure we don't have conferences for all of Cambridge's administrators.
It is interesting to compare what Oxford gets up to with what goes on at my workplace in Cambridge University. The OAS conference is for all the University administrators. In Cambridge we have an annual Libraries@Cambridge day conference for librarians, and sometimes a Libraries Training day. My friend is not a librarian so I don't know if they have conferences for all of Oxford's Librarians but I'm fairly sure we don't have conferences for all of Cambridge's administrators.
Comments