The word I learned today was 'e-page'. My colleagues informed me that there is a new type of journal article format called an e-page. Apparently this is not the same as ye olde familiar "e-pub ahead of print" but is something that appears to be an abstract but when you click on it it opens up to be a full article. A search of Wikipedia proved fruitless, am I missing something here? The term electronic page can obviously refer to so many different types of general thing that it seems strange that there should be a new specific format with this title. I am a little mystified.
My colleagues inform me that if, for example, you browse the recent issue of European Urology [i.e. Volume 57, Issue 4, April 2010, ] you can see Pages e31-e32 consists of letters to the editor such as the letter entitled "Re: Markus J. Bader, Ronald Sroka, Christian Gratzke, et al. Laser Therapy for Upper Urinary Tract Transitional Cell Carcinoma: Indications and Management. Eur Urol 2009;56:65–71". I clicked on it but nothing very exciting happened except I could access the article to which the letter referred, (not a new article.) Apparently sometimes it can be hard to find articles in this sort of format but you can sometimes find them by doing a search of the journal by article title. I shall ask around and see if I can find any better examples where the magic click through actually works. How exciting.
My colleagues inform me that if, for example, you browse the recent issue of European Urology [i.e. Volume 57, Issue 4, April 2010, ] you can see Pages e31-e32 consists of letters to the editor such as the letter entitled "Re: Markus J. Bader, Ronald Sroka, Christian Gratzke, et al. Laser Therapy for Upper Urinary Tract Transitional Cell Carcinoma: Indications and Management. Eur Urol 2009;56:65–71". I clicked on it but nothing very exciting happened except I could access the article to which the letter referred, (not a new article.) Apparently sometimes it can be hard to find articles in this sort of format but you can sometimes find them by doing a search of the journal by article title. I shall ask around and see if I can find any better examples where the magic click through actually works. How exciting.
Comments