
I recently spent a frustrating hour with a friend trying to discover why his menu bar was not displaying in Word. We tried customising toolbars and could get the toolbar we wanted to display but whenever we opened the document again the toolbar had disappeared. Eventually I tried moving one of the toolbars in the document (by clicking at the top of it and dragging it around) and we discovered that the toolbar we wanted had been hiding underneath another one the whole time.
I remember another problem I had once with my Outlook mail when all my messages seemed to have disappeared. In that case the problem was that I had accidentally clicked in the search messages box and only those messages that contained whatever the search term were displayed (i.e. none.)
This morning I wasted time on another such problem. In Zotero my 'Creator' column had disappeared. After faffing around for a bit I discovered that I had accidentally shrunk the column. In the bar which says "Title" in Zotero there are almost invisible grey lines. You can click on these and expand or shrink the size of the columns. If a column is too tiny it won't display at all.
Comments