As if 23 things weren't enough excitement for one millenia, we are interspersing this course in our library with another entitled "Follow That!" The course that goes under this witty subriquet consists of following the progress of an errant book, reader or periodical as they work out their own salvation amongst the throes of busy library life. We started off several weeks ago with "Follow that book" in which one colleague explained how a book was ordered, I explained how it was catalogued, and a third member of staff explained how it was processed. Of course there were horses for courses- half the fun is remembering what sort of process you have to inflict on what sort of book.
My gracious teacher will be pleased to learn that I found the process very interesting and was astounded at the complicated processes involved in ordering and processing the payment for a book, which was not far removed from brain surgery as far as I could make out. I ended the day extremely pleased that I did not have to grapple with the innards of the CIPFA or Acquisitions systems. I enjoyed explaining my work to my colleagues. An educational time was had by all.
My gracious teacher will be pleased to learn that I found the process very interesting and was astounded at the complicated processes involved in ordering and processing the payment for a book, which was not far removed from brain surgery as far as I could make out. I ended the day extremely pleased that I did not have to grapple with the innards of the CIPFA or Acquisitions systems. I enjoyed explaining my work to my colleagues. An educational time was had by all.
Comments