A feature that I saw on the BBC program "Click" left me with my jaw hanging open. It described a 3d printer
that could replicate 3d things by scanning them and then printing them.
The implications of this are astounding. Products can be created on the spot by anyone who needs them, or they can print from computer files: instead of having to send a spare part across the world you can just send the blueprint. All you need to transport anywhere is the printing material.
Products can be reproduced either in paper or in a special type of plastic. Contrary to the impression given in this video, I see that the technology can even cope with moving parts printed together .
There is even a printer that can duplicate itself.
What is this printing powder made of, I ask myself: we must all buy shares in whatever it is (dream on.)
that could replicate 3d things by scanning them and then printing them.
The implications of this are astounding. Products can be created on the spot by anyone who needs them, or they can print from computer files: instead of having to send a spare part across the world you can just send the blueprint. All you need to transport anywhere is the printing material.
Products can be reproduced either in paper or in a special type of plastic. Contrary to the impression given in this video, I see that the technology can even cope with moving parts printed together .
There is even a printer that can duplicate itself.
What is this printing powder made of, I ask myself: we must all buy shares in whatever it is (dream on.)
Comments