
I see Paul Stainthorp was the first person to blog Library Camp 2011: (excellent title too, Paul: Let them Tweet Cake,)
He tells it like it is and my blog will complement his (no need to reinvent the wheel after all.)It's still worth repeating the best things though: the fact that this was the first event I have been to publicised entirely via Twitter: after one day the 120 free places on offer had all gone. A lot of the people said they had come to see what people they followed on Twitter looked like in person: indeed one person I spoke to said that I was one of the people she followed and had wanted to meet (fame at last.)
I came away with a warm buzz: this was the first profession related event I have been to where I actually got to meet librarians from across the country and hear what they thought about a range of issues: everyone was so affirming and it was very helpful to hear about the challenges, similar and different, facing those in other sectors. So, like Paul, I shall list the things I learned.
New vocabulary: "Librarygeist", "Putting the class into classification" "learning embedded from the getgo" "the echochamber" (well, I knew that one already actually but haven't mentioned it ever)"walkup computer users" (those who can access online resources on an institution's computer but not at home), "shambrarian" - a librarian who didn't go to Library School.
Comments