Versions of Python
Apparently there are different versions of Python and Python 3 is different from Python 2 and is not retrospectively convertible. I seem to have Python 2.7 Most of the video tutorials relate to Python 2 so that is just as well. But beware of discrepancies.
Some basic coding concepts
I started following Nick Parlante's
Google Python tutorials (he is very watchable,) but after a while I reached saturation point and found a set of
tutorials written by a boy who calls himself TekBoi ( or
T3kB0i8P for short ) but amazingly for a boy, let alone a Tech boy, he is quite capable of explaining basic things to adults. The first things to understand are
comments, strings, variables, user input and conditions, loops, file writing and lists and TekBoi gives you short, simple and pleasing examples of modules. After watching these I devised myself a little module that asked the user's name and then gave them different (hilariously witty) replies depending on who they were.
Comments