Fixing an ebac dehumidifier: solutions

I was having a problem with an Z600ex ebac dehumidifier this week: not amongst a librarian's normal tools however very necessary when trying to dry out new plaster.
The plumber left everything set up nicely and gave me instructions to remove the water reservoir and empty it. "Don't switch it off or anything," he said, "just open this centre door, remove the tank, empty it and when you push it back everything should carry on. But if you don't, you see in this central dial, there is a top button, which you push three times to make the dehumidifier work full strength (green lights will come on fully) and a bottom button which you press three times to make the fan work full strength (a green fan shaped light will appear.)
I removed the tank, but when I replaced it and tried pressing some buttons nothing very much happened, although occassionally a fan appeared for a millisecond. I searched online for instructions but did not really find any, which is why I am posting this solution here.
"Let me try" said my husband. He removed the tank, replaced it again, the panel lit us as if it was Christmas and everything worked fine.
"I think the tank was not pushed in far enogh" he said. So there you go. I'm not sure how many times we pressed which buttons in the end, but it works so if you are stuck with an ebac dehumidifier that does not seem to work (many people on the internet seem to have this problem) at least now you know the theory and taking the tank out and putting it back again is one solution you could try (yes, I did try that myself first, but I guess my husband has the plumber's touch.)

Warning: at an earlier point I had turned it off and turned it on again while it was working. Phil the plumber could spot that I'd done this as when you turn it on again the fan works but not the dehumidifier bit so you need to make sure that both bits are switched on. (i.e. the switch at the top of the dial and the switch at the bottom of the dial.)

Comments