In Cambridge in 2011 John Naughton, an internet guru, helped organise the Arcadia lectures which attempted to explain to librarians the nature of the changes taking place in our working environments, and my friend and fellow Lardner fan, another internet guru, Andrew Odlyzko visited Cambridge several years ago to lecture in the Maths department about preparing more bandwidth for the internet, internet security and others such matters. I was reminded of this when reading the blog of Michael Sattler, another guru on internet matters. I have somehow, I know not how since he has 47,101 unanswered letters in his inbox, persuaded Michael to design the cover for my forthcoming book, so I thought I'd check out his blog and I was rather surprised to find that it was a veritable mine of business management training advice.
Several of the things that Michael Sattler writes about reminded me of many of the things John Naughton tried to teach us. Michael, who has run 6 startup companies, works on the hoof, spewing out companies as he moves, pre-selling products before he creates them, and he writes about these new processes, also covering topics such as negotiating between ideas guys and their techonlogy experts, competing or working in partnership with rivals, the right to lobby and other intersting matters. You can see him interviewed here.
Comments